Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Arrest of a U.S. Citizen

Arrest of a U.S. Citizen

If you are aware that a U.S. Citizen is under arrest in Mexico, please ask the authorities to notify the Consulate General immediately. The Consulate General can work to help protect the person and ensure fair treatment. The Consulate General will also visit the prisoner; provide information about the local legal process, as well as a list of local attorneys; and notify family.

More information is available on the internet at:


  • Emergency