DOCUMENTS TO BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN A U.S. PASSPORT
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday (excluding U.S. & Mexican holidays)
Please do not bring any electronic devices such as cell phones, PDAs, Blackberries, etc. to your appointment.
In certain cases, additional documents need to be presented other than the ones listed below.
- As the first step, please proceed to make your appointment.
- You must apply in person.
- Proof of applicant’s U.S. citizenship. Please provide one of the following documents: (1) original U.S. birth certificate (long detailed version), (2) original Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization, or (3) original Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Abstracts, short forms or mutilated certificates cannot be accepted.
- Applicant’s current and valid photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, government issued ID with photo, school ID, etc.).
- Social Security number. All applicants who have a social security number must list it on the application form.
- If applicant is 16 to 17 years of age, one parent must accompany the applicant, and the parent must bring his or her birth certificate and a current and valid government issued ID with photo (if the parent has a laser visa, he or she must bring it).
- One U.S. passport size photograph is required at the time of application. It must be 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 centimeters) and in color with a white background. It should be taken in normal street attire, facing forward. The photo must have been taken within the last six months.
VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE BRING ORIGINALS AND ONE SET OF PHOTOCOPIES OF EACH DOCUMENT.
FOR MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 16
In addition to the requirements listed above minors need to bring:
- Minors under the age of 16 must apply in person and be accompanied by both parents.
- Hospital documents from the U.S. where the applicant was born (e.g., hospital certificate, bracelet, hospital bills, Medicaid receipts- if applicable, immunization card, etc.).
- School documents (e.g., report cards from school, group photos from school, and photo IDs).
- Parent’s birth certificates, and current and valid government issued IDs with photo (if the parents have a laser visa, they must bring it).
- Other documents if required.
The fees for adults, 10 year validity:
- Passport ONLY: $135.00 USD
- Passport Card ONLY: $55.00 USD
- Card and Passport: $165.00 USD
Children under 16 years of age, 5 year validity:
- Passport ONLY: $105.00 USD
- Passport Card ONLY: $40.00 USD
- Card and Passport: $120.00 USD
By law, the passport fees are non-refundable (we accept cash in U.S. dollars, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express).