Ask the Consulate
Ask the Consulate is a weekly newspaper column published by the Consul General in which we answer common visa questions and concerns that we receive from the public.
If you would like to submit a question for Ask the Consulate, please send us an email at MatamorosVisas@state.gov. Be sure to put "Ask the Consulate" as the subject of your email. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- September 25, 2015 - How can I work legally in the United States on a temporary visa?
- August 14, 2015 - I have been accepted to a school in the United States for the first time. What are the steps I need to take to apply for a student visa?
- July 22, 2015 - Can I work in the U.S. on student visa?
- March 4, 2015 - The father of my child is an American Citizen, but we never got married. Is my child an American Citizen?
- February 19, 2015 - We registered our child, who was born in the United States, with the Mexican Authorities as being born in Mexico. We would like to now get him a U.S. passport and other U.S. documentation. Is this possible or did we forfeit his U.S. citizenship by registering him as being born in Mexico, when he was really born in the United States?
- Febrero 06, 2015 - Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention)
- January 23, 2015 - I am an adult, I never really knew my father, but just found out that he was an American, can I get a U.S. passport?
- January 8, 2015 - My parent is very elderly and his visa recently expired. He doesn’t have his own source of income. Can he still get a visa?